Thursday, September 24, 2009

Reflections: week 1 and 2

The first two weeks of Environmental Health have brought me new places in the blogging world. This being said, I have never had a public blog before, and feel like a child learning how to read; I’ll eventually get it, and hopefully recruit others.
I thought the Star Wars activity was a good way to start class; we were forced to work together as a team right off the bat. The in class discussions also helped me get a feel of what other people were like and what kind of opinions they had. I personally enjoyed the quotes relating to nature which gave me the urge to read some Robert Frost.
Blogging itself opened me up to a whole new world. Just learning how to personalize my blog let me use my imagination and creativity, forcing me to bust out some artistic skills as well. My goal is to connect my creative side to environmental change, and my personal focus on preserving the beauty of nature.

(below) A recent visit to Gooseberry falls!  Check out the beautiful falls before it gets too cold!



3 comments:

  1. Hey Danielle! I totally agree with the in-class discussions. It's kind of cool to get a feel for what other people in the class think. Also, I just visited Gooseberry Falls for the first time this August and LOVED it! I hope I get back there soon. Great link to the poems by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your blog header and the Gooseberry Falls photo. I look forward to seeing how you bring your creativity to the course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am planning on going up the shore this weekend to Gooseberry falls!, and I'm pretty excited about it... I also love this class and just the attitude and feel. I take so much more away from it than I do from a lot of other classes.

    ReplyDelete